Coronavirus Message for Traveling Groups

Coronavirus Message for Traveling Groups

Last Updated: 11:00 25/02/2021

Since March 2020, we have been working hard with our customers to find the best possible solution where trips have been unable to operate during the global COVID-19 pandemic.

We would like to thank our groups for their patience and understanding during this unprecedented period. We will continue to explore all available options with our Party Leaders to ensure that a satisfactory outcome for all is achieved.

Following the Covid-19 Response – Spring 21 update provided by the Prime Minister on Monday 22nd February 2021, trips with a scheduled departure date prior to 17th May 2021 are unlikely to proceed as a result of restrictions in the UK.

All Party Leaders with trips scheduled to depart prior to 17th May 2021 have been contacted directly and discussions are ongoing to find their preferred solution from the below options:

A)          Deferral – the scheduled departure date is amended to a mutually convenient date post 17th May 2021

B)         ‘Refund Credit Note’ – a credit note is issued for the full cost of the trip, to be applied to a future booking when you are ready to travel

C)          If neither of the above options are suitable, Party Leaders can cancel their trip now and direct a claim to their insurance company – Government guidance strongly indicates that the travel insurers ought to cover any cancellation fees incurred.

Party Leader FAQs for groups traveling between 22nd February 2021 and 17th May 2021

Can I defer our trip to a later date?

Yes – deferment is one of the options provided, so please contact your account manager who will be happy to discuss all options available to your group.

What happens if we decide to cancel our trip?

If you decide to cancel your trip then cancellation will be subject to our terms and conditions. If you do decide to cancel your tour, please do so in writing as soon as possible.

If your trip departure date is before 17th May 2021, then it should be possible to make a claim on your insurance. Upon receipt of your notice to cancel the trip, we will issue a ‘cancellation invoice’ which you should then present to your insurers in order to cover any applicable cancellation fees.

Future ski trips

Following the information provided in the Covid-19 Response – Spring 21 update, we are continuing preparations for all future school ski trips scheduled to depart after 17th May 2021 to operate as normal.

We will continue to closely monitor the situation and communicate with our Party Leaders all relevant updates including the report from the Travel Taskforce due on the 12th April which will provide recommendations “aimed at a return to international travel as soon as possible”. We will continue to work with our in-destination partners to ensure the safety and well-being of our traveling groups whilst providing best in class school ski trips.

As a member of the School Travel Forum (STF) and ABTA, inspireski continue to take guidance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).

Further questions?
If you have any questions relating to your trip, please call our Head Office on 02920 390 747 and press Option 1 where our account managers are on-hand to offer advice and support.

Parents and Guardians
We appreciate this is a hugely challenging time for everyone. Under data protection and child safeguarding policies, we are unable to discuss information regarding specific tours with anyone other than the named Party Leader. Please be assured our primary focus is to liaise with them to ensure they have up-to-date information and relevant options regarding the group booking. If you have any queries please contact your Party Leader directly.

Coronavirus Message for Traveling Groups
Scroll to top